Guests stay at short-term rentals for all kinds of reasons. Whether it is a carefree getaway or a last-minute job assignment, guests will remember the little things that set your property apart and made their stay easier. In this blog post, we’ll explore a few overlooked items that you should consider keeping at your vacation rental to enhance comfort, convenience, and enjoyment during your guest’s stay.
- Phone Charger Station: Imagine arriving at your vacation rental only to realize you forgot your phone charger. A universal charging station with various cables can save the day for forgetful guests and ensure everyone stays connected throughout their stay. This is especially great to keep on bedside tables.
- USB Power Strip: With the increasing number of electronic devices we travel with, having a USB power strip can be incredibly convenient. It ensures that everyone can charge their devices simultaneously without competing for outlets. With more and more people working from home and traveling for work, this is a helpful addition to any property.
- Universal Adapter: For international travelers, a universal adapter can be a savior. Ensure that your guests can charge their electronic devices regardless of their country of origin.
- Reusable Bags: Help your environmentally conscious guests by providing reusable shopping bags. Not only do they reduce plastic waste, but they also come in handy for carrying groceries, souvenirs, or beach essentials. Best of all, they are fairly inexpensive, so if a guest needs to take one with them, you have provided a helpful item with little cost to you.
- First Aid Kit: A well-equipped first aid kit can be a lifesaver in unexpected situations. Include bandages, antiseptic wipes, and any specific items that might be useful in the destination you’re hosting. Check often to see if refills are needed.
- Outdoor Essentials: If your vacation rental has outdoor spaces, consider providing sunscreen, insect repellent (you know what works best in your area), and a small cooler for picnics or outings. These items will be used up and may go missing, so choose things that are easy and cost-effective to replace.
By going the extra mile and providing these often-overlooked items, you can elevate your vacation rental and create a memorable and stress-free experience for your guests. These thoughtful touches show that you’ve considered every aspect of their stay, making your property stand out and encouraging guests to return in the future.